School Advisory Committee
Hello BMHS Community!
Your SY 2012-13 School Advisory Committee is up and running! Your elected representatives are as follows: Chair Mariana Miller, Vice-Chair Kim Holden, Secretary Theresa Jones and Teacher Rep Wade Krauchi. SAC will review school policies, current programs, and help resolve safety issues or concerns about the school. SAC encourages the community to be involved in the education of students. Below are FAQs about SAC. Looking forward in working with you all!
Mariana Miller: E-mail (email@example.com)
The School Advisory Committee (SAC) and Installation Advisory Committee (IAC) serve as forums in which questions or concerns raised by parents or teachers are discussed. The SAC includes parents and teachers who are elected to represent the community at large. The function of the SAC is to make recommendations and advise the principal on
- school policies, student activities, and administrative procedures
- instructional programs and educational resources within the school
- allocation of resources within the school to achieve educational goals
- administrative and logistical support services provided by the installation commander and applicable service commands
- policies and standards of the installation command and military services related to the above.
Neither the SAC nor the IAC addresses matters pertaining to personnel policies or practices, compensation of school staff, grievances or school employees, or internal management of DoDDs or their programs. If you have any questions or concerns about the school's curriculum or environment, give one of the SAC representatives a call (a list of current representatives is available in the office) or attend one of the SAC meetings.